The reason art conservators exist:
The Independent reports on an art world opening night disaster:
Quite a few hacks were probably thinking “there but for the Grace of God…” when on Saturday evening in Lugano’s swanky Meno Uno gallery, one of their number, tanked up on free cocktails, made a lunge for a passing nibble but instead knocked over and destroyed a priceless work of art.
With the famous Swiss sense of decorum notably absent, “one guest at the preview,” intoned Radio Switzerland (RSI), ”caught between a canapé and a chat with someone, unfortunately knocked over a work by Luciano Fabro and smashed it to pieces. It is, or rather, it was, the famous Impronta (Imprint) dated 1962-1964”. […]
The sculpture, an opaque glass disk with a central impression of Planet Earth at its centre, was left in a thousand pieces, while the other 30 guests picked their jaws up of the floor. Ironically, the work was said by its creator to represent the longevity of the world.
- happypoppies reblogged this from themindofaconservator
- kresh962 reblogged this from themindofaconservator
- les-parties-sorcieres likes this
- missdellarosa likes this
- notmodernart said: I love that there’s actually pics of this! I wish someone had taken one of their faces!
- notmodernart reblogged this from soul-net-cake and added:
- tranxio likes this
- soul-net-cake reblogged this from themindofaconservator
- themindofaconservator posted this